Spaghetti Meat Ball in tomato sauce


Spaghetti bolognese might be an Italian origin but when it is spaghetti with meatball in tomato sauce, it is American. How can that be? There is a history behind it and it is up to you to find the rest. For me, it is the joyful moment of having delicious, mouth watering spaghetti and meatball served warm on my Japanese table that I cared most. Top with grated Parmesan, huh... it sure made my day a lot better.
For this dish, I prepared the meatball from scratch. Basically, I use the following:-

  • 400g beef mince
  • 1 large red onion, finely diced
  • 3 garlic clove, finely chopped
  • 1 tbs dried mixed herbs 
  • 1 medium sized egg 
  • 4 tbs of corn flour
  • salt and pepper for seasoning
All the ingredient are mixed together in a bowl and shaped into a bite size meat ball. I refrigerate the meat ball for roughly 20-30 minutes so that it is firm enough to be fried without crumbling apart. 
For the sauce, it is quite easy as it is basically simmering the cooked meatball in a tomato sauce. With addition of salt, pepper and few aromatic herbs, voila.... A Meatball in Tomato sauce. Just scoop the meat ball on top of al dente spaghetti, top with grated Parmesan and you are happy to go...


P/s:  The meatballs can be cooked in sauce, cooled, and refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months. 



Share:

0 comments