Oven Grilled Lamb Shoulder, Creamy Potato Gratin and Baked vegetables...

Lamb Shoulder is the most economical cut, carved from forequarter of a lamb and quite often, it is cut into chops. Having a few chops in my fridge, I decided to have grilled lamb shoulder for my diner. As a side dish, I had creamy potato gratin and oven baked vegetables mixes. 
For the lamb, I simply marinated it with dry herbs composed of curry powder, all spiced powder, coarsely ground black peppercorn and a few pinch of salt. Leaving the lamb on dry marinade for almost 3 hour, it will ensure the end result would be nice, tender lamb shoulder. While waiting for the lamb, I had prepared myself a creamy potato gratins. The recipe for my potato gratin can be found here
To complement the grilled lamb shoulder, I had prepared creamy cheesy mushroom black pepper sauce. So what’s my secret? Well as the name implied, I guess you can determine easily the ingredient for the sauce.
Ingredients (single serving)
  1. 1 tsp unsalted butter
  2. 3 medium sized shiitake, sliced
  3. 1/4 cup of water
  4. 1 piece of cheddar cheese
  5. 1 tsp of cream cheese
  6. 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
  7. Salt as appropriate
 
Instructions
  1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and stir-fry until they are lightly browned, reduce heat to medium.
  2. Add cream cheese, salt, pepper, water and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally and watching that the cream doesn't over boil
  3. Once the sauce has reduced by half, add cheddar and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and serve over your favorite lamb chop.
Bon Apetite...

Share:

0 comments