Sour and spicy tom yam soup....

Out of ten, I am sure that very few would prepare their own tom yam paste from scratches. Most would opted for readily available tom yam paste that can be obtained from supermarket. It is far easier and less time consuming. However, if time permit, why don't you prepare your own?? Well, that happen to be my case today. 

At the end of my daily morning gardening, I realised that my garden is blooming with all kind of spices/ herbs and vegetables that I can use to make my own tom yam paste. Without a drop of sweat sauntering across my garden, I came up the ingredients which make my tom yam more enticing. These include lemongrass, turmerics, baby ginger, torch ginger, lime leaves, basil, and lady fingers.

     

    Tom Yam Soup Recipe
    • Hand full of shrimp-shelled
    • Five medium sized lady finger-cut in half
    • 1 Onion-thinly sliced
    • 1 Stick of lemon grass-finely sliced
    • Ginger-thinly sliced
    • Small Torch ginger-thinly sliced
    • Grounded turmeric
    • Finely chopped chillies
    • 2-3 lime leaves
    • 2-3 basil leaves
    • Adequate cooking oil
    • 1 cup of tamarind juice
    • Adequate water
    • Salt and seasoning
    How to do?? this part rather easy. Fry the onion, lemongrass, ginger, turmeric, chillies, lime and basil leaves until aromatic scent wafted in the kitchen. Then add shelled shrimps. Wait for the shrimp to turn red. Add the rest of ingredient starting from water, then tamarind juice and lady fingers. Bring to boil and lastly add the torch ginger. Add salt and seasoning accordingly. Cilantro may be added for dressing. The soup shall have spicy and sour combination.

    Share:

    0 comments