Tomato crispy noodle for early breakfast

Crispy fried noodle, ready to be eaten

Unintentionally skipped my lunch after few slices of cheese cake and slept through out yesterday's evening and forgot to take my diner woke me up early this morning with hypo-G symptoms i.e: tremor, cold sweating and fatigue. Counteracted it with glassful of concentrated sugar water, I felt a bit better with symptoms gone but the hunger was still there. So why not having "heavy" breakfast for today?? After browsed through my food supply, I decided to have tomato crispy noodle as I had most of the ingredients in my possession to make a decent one. Some of the ingredients were frozen, some dried and some freshly pluck from my backyard garden.
Deliciously looking crispy noodle
    Ingredients (serving size: one person)
  • handful of egg noodle
  • couple of tomatoes, quartered
  • medium sized chili, thinly sliced
  • 5-6 slices of fish cake
  • 2 crab sticks, diagonally sliced
  • 5-6 medium sized prawn, peeled
  • Chinese bak choy
  • two clove of garlic, chopped
  • tomato ketchup
  • an egg
  • a cup of water
  • cooking oil
  • salt, seasoning and white pepper
Methods
  1. Heat about a half cup of cooking oil and bring into high heat. Deep fried egg noodle until crispy by constantly stir and flip over. Once done, strain and leave aside to cool.
  2. To prepare the tomato condiment, heat couple of tablespoon of cooking oil and saute chopped garlic and sliced chili. Add about five tablespoon of tomato ketchup and a cup of water.  
  3. Once the mixture started to simmer, add fish cake, crab stick, prawn and tomatoes. Let simmer for another couple of minutes or until tomato tenderize and its skin start to peel off. 
  4. Slow down the heat. Add egg, salt, pepper and seasonings. Stir well. Off the heat and add bak choy. Residual heat will cooks the bak choy.
  5. To serve, just poured the tomato condiment into fried crispy noodle. Served while still hot.

A bit messy but a hungry stomach must be filled..
Some people like theirs flooded with the sauce but for me, I prefer to have less so that it won't too soggy and still maintains the crispiness of egg noodle.

Share:

0 comments